Monday, June 10, 2013

Gymnastics and Swimming

Cara always gets money from family for her birthday. I usually just deposit it into her account, but this year I decided to use that money to sign Cara up for a gymnastics (tumbling) class and a swimming class. There were only three girls in the tumbling class and they would not allow the parents inside to watch until the last day. Cara was somewhat of the class clown, but I think she did pretty good, and I know she enjoyed going every week.






 
The swimming class was a little different. We were required to stay in the pool area the whole time. As long as Cara was not sitting next to one particular child, she was mostly well behaved. The first day she told me she wanted goggles and a "helmet" (swimming cap). I did get her goggles eventually but those swimming caps can be a real pain.
 
 
The class was two days a week for 4 weeks, and we ended up missing half of the class (one because I forgot, one because Cara was sick, and then two because we were out of town for my aunt's funeral). I am hoping that what she did learn will at least start a foundation for her and my plan is to spend a lot of time in the pool with her this summer.

 

No comments: