Saturday, May 18, 2013

Snow day and how my husband proved me wrong

So, this is a wordy post, but I feel it necessary to tell the whole story.

We got 1 big snow this year. On the day of the snow I was at a baby shower and Cephas had Cara at my parent's house. My mom was out of town with my sister, so it was only the two men and Cara. It started snowing while I was at the baby shower and one of the women kept getting picture texts from her husband of their children playing in the snow. The kids were bundled up in coats, hats, and mittens. She commented at how he is such a great father.

During this whole time I felt so bad for Cara. I was thinking she would really love playing in the snow and how she wouldn't know what she was missing out on. I knew by the time I got home it would be dark and wasn't sure if the snow would last through the next day. I also was sad because I was sick (although I didn't know it at the time I had pneunomia) ad I knew I wouldn't be able to play much with her in the snow.

Well, when I got home I was so surprised. With the help of my dad, Cephas and Cara went sledding, had a snowball fight, and drank homemade hot chocolate all while I was at the shower. I was so happy to know Cara got to enjoy the snow, and thankful that my dad was there to show Cephas since he never got to play in snow when he was a kid. The only complaint I had was they didn't take any pictures, so I took some the next morning, before it all melted.


 
Cara's favorite part was eating the snow


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wrong. I took some pictures. I'll show them to you.